This is a simple step-by-step guide that will enable you to upload and embed Flash (.swf) files to your website or blog.
1. Make your Flash file (.swf) with Adobe Flash Studio, Aleo Flash Intro Banner Maker or any Flash banner maker available.
2. Register to a free account at HotlinkFiles.com. It offers 1 GB of file storage service and is free, fast and reliable. MegaSWF.com is another option but the sluggishness is discouraging.
Update: Another impressive file hosting service is http://www.fileave.com/. It offers 50MB of file storage.
- Upload your Flash SWF file
- Get the URL which will look similar to this:
http://www.hotlinkfiles.com/files/2457_qrb/idm.swf]idm.swf3. Embed on your web site or blog.
- Login to your account.
- Paste the following code:
- Replace [Flash file URL] with the correct URL from HotlinkFiles.com.
- Also, replace the width and height (in green) as desired, Save and you're done.
[Flash file URL]" quality="high" allowscriptaccess="always" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" align="middle" height="100" width="250">